Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Pressure Uticaria & chronic Uticaria

Hi, I was originally diagnosed with chronic uticaria 10 months ago. They have tried all of the antihistamines
including, zrtec, clariten, allegra atarax zantax in maximum dosages but sometimes it does not work and i get some pretty big swellings. They call that pressure uticaria and now say I have both. So far the only thing that works is taking predinisone when it flares up. I am so afraid of the side effects of prednisone and I have been taking it about every 2 months. Is there anything else that may work. I am only 47 years old very healthy , used to work out 5 times a week (I cannot now)very active (not now), can anyone please tell me there is hope. I understand I could have this for a long time and I am dealing with that, but I need to find some kind of disease management becuase it has turned my life upside down.
Sincerely desperate, Laura
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I still wonder if you may have some kind of food allergy, but I am sure they have checked on this...The best I can say on this is ice...This is what I have used for itchy skin and when I had the hives...Ice cubes wrapped in a wash rag on the area where this occurs....Hope this helps...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....