Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Pressure Sore in Butt Crack...

I'm not kidding. I have a pressure sore in my butt crack, and it doesn't want to heal. It's only stage 1, so I'm in no danger of dying of it. I usually heal well, and I'm very healthy overall.

I think part of the problem is it starts to heal, and gets itchy, and then I scratch it, and it's get's worse. The over the counter itch medicines are not too effective. The other problem is it's location... if it were out in the open where it could get some air it would be healed by now. I have been putting Neosporin on it. It's kind of awkward to put a bandage on it.

Obviously I wouldn't be talking to you if I really wanted to see a doctor. So I'm looking for home remedies.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2019
Hello and welcome to ehealth forum.

The area needs to be examined by a physician to indeed determine if its stage 1 or not. If its a stage 1 bed sore then foam cushions and special pillows should be used to alleviate pressure on the bedsore and to sit or lay in a position which does not directly apply pressure to the bedsore. Avoid slipping or sliding on the area as you move. Keep the area clean and moisturized. Monitor for the progress everyday.

I hope this helps and wish you good luck
Stay in touch with your health care provider as EHF is only for educational purposes.
Regards
Dr Khalil

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.