Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

pressure on my jaw and tmj

hello i made a bad problem for myself by putting a bad pressure on my jaw and tmj
i just want to know if this problem solve after sometimes or not
this is how i pressure on my jaw i put a small metall thing on
my last molar tooth and move my jaw alittle forward
in this case there is almost 2 centimetre space between upper and lower jaw then i tried to approximate my upper and lower
eye(Front) teeth and almost i put them on eachother for some second after i release the pressure my jaw and tmj was motionless and alittle painfull that is the most foolish thing that i have ever done
now last 2 month from that pressure but the front of my jaw
is alittle upper than its usual form
it made the front of my jaw lift upper and toward forward and my face look smaller and more unusual. did i disform my jaw??
i know this is stupid but plz help me about this
what can i do to make my tmj back to normal i have some new clicking
is it a pelsatic pressure or elastic i mean does it back to normal or not
somebody said that i might move the disk of condyle if this is true what should i do?
does this disk back to normal automaticly? this pressure change the way my jaw look on my face and also the way that my teeth fit toghether
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
ok---im curious--why did you do this in the firstplace?

i dont think that you r disk is out--its tougher than you think. YOu may have pulled a muscle ore somehting of the sort. id put heat and ice on it. if its not better by the end of the week--make an asap appointment with the dentist.

just relax. worrying over this isnt helping you. I dont think you were stupid--you didnt know what you could do by doing it.
|

replied March 8th, 2008
tnx for ur answer but im worry because not only i pulles muscle also i move the bone alitte toward up and forward that movment worry me
the movment made when i hold my eye teeth on eachother for some second
|

replied March 8th, 2008
u want to know the reson?
i didnt think that it become this serious after i extracted my wisdom teeth my jaw look smaller in sides of my jaw it seems that side of my jaw go upper and my face look smaller(never never extract ur wisdom teeth this is my advice to u)
so it made me sad for about 1 year i visit too many doctor but they didnt know any thing about this and also refuse to accept that extracting wisdom teeth may make this problem?? i think they just think about the money(extracted the teeth and give me my money it is their custom) i did this foolish thing because i think by doing this i will pull the side of my jaw down but in reserver i pull the front of my jaw up!!

after that i notice that in molar teeth hold the vertical demension of everyone face if one of them loose ur jaw move backward and seems smaller and u look also older if i know this before putting this pressure to my jaw i didnt do this because i didnt know the reson and in all the doctor that i visited them none of them said anything about molar tooth lose now i just want to rescue from this pressure that i gave and deform my jaw
|

replied March 8th, 2008
u said that disk is so tough but that pressure might move even a metal thing what will happen if the disk move? should any pain accur or something? what about muscle because i dont have any pain
now last about 2 month but not any change happen my jaw is deformed and i have no pain just some sound in my tmj and other things are normal just the deformation of jaw make me worry and depressed can anybody here help me what to do?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
dont worry--relax. I know of a type of doctor that can help you. trying to fix things by yourself is not a wise idea.--ive tried it before and well--lets just say i made it worse. pm me or email me and ill talk to you further about this.

a lot of times ther is no pain in the jaw yet the tmd is still present. you should try to get treated asap before it becomes a real problem
|