Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Pressure in head and weakness

User Profile
Hello �� I’m 19 years old and lately I've been scared that i have brain cancer. It's been almost 2 weeks that i have this weird sensation in my head, not really like a headache but weird like a pression in my head, and it wont go away all day long. It doesn't hurt but it's really annoying. Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and feel really bad like im dying and than i start shaking, i cant control the shaking part, and my legs get cold. Also I've been feeling very weak and walk around like im drunk. I haven't gone outside all this time because im afraid something bad is gonna happen. Can this be brain tumor or is it possible that im suffering from anxiety, beacuse i do think of this all day long and im really scared
Thank you for reading this ��

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2017
Brain Cancer Answer A62424
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description and the history that you gave it is highly unlikely that you have a brain tumor. There is no history of profuse vomiting and headache of long term and associated seizures/fits. There is no focal neurological deficit. Its most likely if an anxiety disorder such as a panic attack. you should not lock yourself at home and should consult a Neurologist. if there is any possibility of a space occupying lesion then you are Doctor may advise brain imaging in the form of an MRI or CT scan. if there is no such evidence then your doctor may advise benzodiazepines and SSRI s like paroxetine as part of the treatment for anxiety disorder. He may also advise behaviour behavioral cognitive therapy and psychotherapy as part of the management.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.