Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pregnanty possible or infection ?

User Profile
Im on the pill at the moment and i have been using it for over 6 months. Last month i had a small about of spotting just the once when i wiped and it stopped so i thought nothing of it. I had my 7 day break and i also had my period which was lighter then normal.I have been back on my pill for around a week and a half and i have started spotting again, it has been happening for around 2 maybe 3 days. My stomach is swollen and im getting a small amount of cramping in my lower back top and lower abdomen

does anyone have any ideas as to which may be happening? i took a pregnancy test last month when before i started my 7 day break as it was a little late. so would it be possible i was pregnant?
Would it not be to early to take a pregnancy test? my partner mentioned last night that i look like ive got a baby belly... or could it be due by a simple infection? x

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A17597
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your symptoms of lighter periods, spotting, cramps in lower abdomen and low back pain, appearance of ‘baby’ belly, could suggest possibility of pregnancy. It is not uncommon for women to get pregnant while being on the birth control pills. Go ahead with a thorough examination and tests with your gynecologist to confirm/rule out pregnancy. Urine pregnancy tests can show false negative results (negative test result even though you are pregnant). A blood HCG level test is more accurate in confirming pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.