Hi. I have been on Implanon for almost 3 years with no problems at all. It expires in October and I am due to have it changed next week. For the last two weeks or so I have had all of the symptoms I had with all 3 of my pregnancies. Nausea, headaches, cramping, tender breasts, backache, frequent urination, increased vaginal discharge and MAJOR mood swings!! I took a test yesterday and it was negative but I am not yet late so I kind of expected that. My last period began 7/30 but it was light and short. If I am pregnant, will my ob/gyn be able to tell this is I go to my appt. on 8/28? I obviously do not want to replace it if I could be pregnant! Also I was reading that Implanon may not be as effective in overweight women and I am approximately 70 lbs. overweight. Does anyone know if this is true? Any help is appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2013
Community Volunteer
Yes, your doctor should be able to tell that you are pregnant. Please tell your doctor that you think you may be pregnant.

Implanon is one of the most effective birth control methods, but yes, unfortunately weight does matter. The manufacturer never tested it with women over 130% of their ideal body weight, and the suspicion is that it is less effective in overweight women.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...