Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Pregnant immediately after miscarriage ?

User Profile
I've had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and a D/C on 18 Feb 2009. I think I ovulated around the 4/03 if I go according to my cervical mucus. What are the chances of me falling pregnant immediately after a miscarriage? I took a home pregnancy test a week after the D/C to check that all the HcG hormones are gone and it came back negative.So we started trying when I thought the "time" was rigth. I did another test last Thursday 12/03 and it was negative but I think I bought the wrong test ... When can I take another test? Lately i am very tired and sleepy and experiencing some nausea (don't know if its wishful thinking or what :)) And then I want to know : I am not happy with the way my current gynea handled the miscarriage and the fact that he didnt give me any advice afterwards. I have to go for a check-up this Thursday 19/03, should I find myself a new gynea now and go to him/her or should I go to current gynea who did the D/C for check-up and find another gynea when I find out I'm pregnant?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2009
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A6069

Conceiving after miscarriage is possible as soon as the female sex hormones turn back to normal. The most secure sign for this is the menstrual period. Once it appears, the chances for conceiving significantly rise. How long will it take for the regular menstrual period to appear after miscarriage is different in every woman and no definite period length can be given.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.