User Profile
I am a few months pregnant by my ex boyfriend. I was wondering if I should tell him or leave it be. He is in jail now. I am with someone else now and loving the relationship. Yes this new guy knkows that i am pregnant. Can someone help me????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2008
Supporter
If you plan to keep the child, and have closed the door on the relationship with the biological father than I recommend looking into ways that a surrogate father can play a part in the child's life.

If I were in the same situation, I would probably not inform the father of the child but would inform the child later in life.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thanks, i will keep that in mind.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I wish I had never told my ex. I regret it. He doesn't play a real role in my daughter's life. He wants whatever perks he can get but no responsibility. He contributes nothing. The money he does have he spends on pot and the money he does make is under the table so no child support can be taken out. He doesn't see her regularly yet when he wants to see her he can. I wish I hadn't told him so this new guy in my life could be her father figure and not the deadbeat one who comes and goes as he pleases. You can never "untell" once he knows.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
the thing is the babys father said that he will not leave me. But like i have been told you can never really trust a guy to say that. He is in jail no less, i am not even sure he will be there if i tell him. Hes told me he will but i dont trust it.
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2008
Supporter
GO with your instincts. You'll never go wrong if you follow your gut. Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2008
Supporter
i wouldnt tell him... as much as some guys say theyre going to be there for you and theyre kid at the beginning they jump ship. I know my ex did and he doesnt even talk to me now. Heck, he got me pregnant and i havent seen him since July. He CAME OVER my house to drop off my stuff and didnt even have the decency to come in and see how im doing even though im pregnant with his son. I am in the same situation with a guy that loves me and the baby, and I wish my babys dad didnt know he was the father because he is a deadbeat and my boyfriend is going to be so much of a better father to my son. if you dont tell him, youll never have to worry about him becoming a deadbeat nusiance in your babys life.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
The thing is he has a daughter now and his mom has her. He doesnt do anything for his daughter now.

This new guy wants to be but on the brith crtifacate. Oh and i am getting married to this new guy in March.
|

Experienced User
im pregnant to my ex, and im not telling him, and when he does find out im telling him its someone elses because hes already decided im cheating on him anyway and that i left to be with someone else. I already have one child to him that he knows about, and has supervised visits with, which i wish he didnt coz hes into pot and crime and cant hold a job. Not all guys are good influences to have around your child, and id say your ex probably isnt.

But in saying that i wouldnt put your boyfriend on the birth cert because that means he has as many rights to the child as you do, and so could cause problems if you ever broke up
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2008
Supporter
another example tonight.. i told him about the doctors appointment.. got a 2 word response. ok and bye. Its stressful enought to be worrying and pregnant. just let the baby daddy go. the new guy will be better for you and the baby. also, dont put your bfs name on the birth certificate. since you know its your exs apparently its considered fraud. just leave the fathers name blank and let your new guy adopt the baby after you get married.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
i never looked at it that way. I will have to see what the law says. I am just trying to do what is right for my baby. The only thing i know that is right is not telling the brith father cause he doesnt even take responsblity for his daughter. Every once in a whilie he will buy her something. But since brith his mom has had her.
Why are some men the way they are. I mean the brith father has told me that if he ever got me pregnunt that he woud love it. But when I told him I might be he shoved it off. Since I told him that I havent seen nor heard from him, and another thing is that the next day when I went over to his house I find out that hes in jail for over 6 months.
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2008
Supporter
Definately look into the law. Your baby doesnt deserve a guy like that in his life. Im telling you, if your fiance loves you and the baby hell wait and adopt it. Thats what mine is planning on doing after he finishes college.
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2008
Experienced User
Well I told the exs mom about me being with child. She sounded as if she didnt want her son to be a part of the babys life. So I have decided not to but the ex on the brith paper.
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Experienced User
Well as an update to this post. Well I never got married. I have told my ex about the baby. He is now denying that hes the father. Well I have but in for child support. I have gone to court to see what they are going to do. Well The judge declared that my ex is my babys daddy. The reason why this is because my ex never showed up to do a DNA test. Well the judge even ordered that I get child support. The only thing is I dont think I will see any of it. But the thing is that if i dont see any then I get to tell the child support place and they will have an atempt to court.
Well my ex only saw our baby for 4 months then now is denying him. I hate men that are that way. But when I heard that he didnt show up to do the DNA test I thought that I was right he is my babys dad. You would think since hes denying our son that he would have shown up to do the DNA test and to court. But he never did. But things are going good with things now. Just a matter of time before my sons dad goes to jail for not paying the child support.
|

replied January 17th, 2011
SO what happened to the fiance that you were supposed to marry? Turned out to be no good either?
See girl, never rely on men. At least when you know what kind of men they are. But good men are out there. There will be a good daddy for your son Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2011
Experienced User
Well the fiance that I was suppose to marry he never showed up to meet. There is no way I will ever do that again.

It hurts right now that my sons father is denying my son. I have went to court for child support and got a court order for it now. The thing is its just a matter of when I will get any child support. My sons father is a low life and an ex felon type of guy. So I will be in and out of court for the next 18 or so years. So no fun there.
|

replied September 24th, 2011
help should i tell my ex that his son is being born?
Im 8 months pregnant with my ex son. I wish i never told him that i was pregnant. He hasnt been around at all durning the pregnancy and he doesnt go to doctor appointments ir help buy stuff for the baby not even once. He does what he wants, when he wants to and he gets mad at me for hanging out with friends. He trys to tell me what to do and says im his girl. I dont like it!! He trys to have sex with me and gets yells and gets mad when i say no. He hardly ask how am i doing or how is our son doing and if everything is okay with the pregancy. his family doesnt like me and he told me he isnt sure his family will let him sign the papers at the hospital. He says he wants to be there when he is born but i dont think i want him there now since he said that. he is 24 years old and he needs his daddies permistion to be a dad? He is always high and and only comes around when he wants something or he feels lonley... I need HELP! I dont know if i should tell him when im in labor or after he is born and just wait till he comes around? To me i dont think he has the right to know since he isnt around or care that he is going to be a dad. I JUST WANT TO DO WHATS RIGHT!
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2011
Experienced User
Wow!!! That to me is called a daddys boy.

Well with me. My sons birth farther is now on the birth paper cause hes suppose to pay child support. But doesnt. Hes hidding from the law. I am just so sick of child support office its not even funny anymore. My son is 2 in may 3 and his birth dad seen him 3 times since birth. He is still denying him as his son. So I dont know anymore.

To me ur son dont need a dad like that. Hes not worthy to be a dad.

What have you done???
|

replied April 16th, 2014
I and my boyfriend have been trying to conceive but I had fling with my ex 4days after my menses and the condom busted so I used postinor2 any chances of getting pregnant dis month? Oh should I take clomid someone please help m so confused ere
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...