Hi everyone. Im 21 Just found out im pregnant and im really terrified and stressed. Im not financially stable to take care of a baby right now and dont want to experience tht type of pain quite yet. I live with my parents and its scary because i cannot let them know about this. Also i live in the caribbean in one of the islands where abortion is illegal so im terrified!! Ive been secretly crying for days. Ive only have sex twice in my life and im just horrified at how im going to go about getting this abortion done. Surgical abortion seems scary because of the different apparatus they have to insert in u and tht terrifies me. Ive read about medical abortion and even though there is no surgical objects involved, ive read horrible experiences of women when it comes to the pain associated with cramping ( i get bad period cramps at time) is it worst than period crams? So my questions are; seeing that there is not a lot of certified abortion clinics in my country, which should i take the risk in doing, medical or surgical abortion? I feel as though if i do the medical abortion my mom will definitely know and if i do the surgical abortion it may be extremely painful and im worried that it may be carried out by someone who may not be certified and cause me extra pain. PLEASE HELP ME! JUST NEED SOME ADVICE FROM YOU ALL BECAUSE CURRENTLY I DONT HAVE ANYONE TO CONFIDE IN.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You are partially true.There are two options,surgical or medical,depending on how long you are pregnant.Medical abortion can be done upto 9 weeks and after that, you need to undergo surgical abortion.But all of the options are safe and you need not be worried unduly. Just choose an appropriate facility and an appropriate doctor.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abortion Pro Choice , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.