Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Pregnant , abortion illegal , last period on June 21 st

I had my last period on June 21st, 2010. It lasted for about 3-5 days. And the period I had before that was on May 12th, 2010. I had intercourse on June 10th, 2010. My partner never ejaculated in me but he did pre-sum in me.

I had thick, transparent discharge from 28th July to 30th July 2010. I have not had my period yet.

I know I had my period already after the intercourse, and never had another intercourse ever since that period. I had light brown discharge on the 16th day after June 21st, and it lasted for about a week. No itching, no pain.

I took more than 3 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. I went to the doctor and she gave me a urine pregnancy test, and it was also negative.

Am I pregnant? I can't afford to be pregnant and abortion illegal here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
If you have had a period AFTER the unprotected sex, then you are NOT pregnant. Especially if all the pregnancy tests, including the one your doctor gave you, came out negative. If you are really concerned, ask your doctor for a blood (serum) pregnancy test. These are highly sensitive and extremely accurate. If you don't wish to become pregnant and it turns out that you are not pregnant, please invest in some birth control for yourself and ask your partner to wrap it up (use a condom) during sex.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
This really scares me. These little girls want to play "house" and they have NO interest whatsover in doing anything other than breeding, because that is all they believe they are good for.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2010
Experienced User
No, if you have had a period after having unprotected sex, then it is almost impossible that you are pregnant. Also you have taken multiple tests and they have all come out negative then you are not pregnant. Pregnancy tests are individually very reliable, and the fact that you even had one carried out by a doctor means you are not pregnant.

I agree with MOHSO, if you do not want to get pregnant, then get on some form of birth control immediately. Do not rely on the withdrawal method, as it is very unreliable. If his erect penis enters your vagina and he doesn't wear a condom, and you're not on birth control, you can get pregnant. If you do not want to get pregnant, use some form of protection.
|

replied August 6th, 2010
I had clear, stretchy discharge last week. Was I ovulating? Does one ovulate when she is pregnant?

My doctor prescribed me Gyne-Lotrimin Clotrimazole tablets to be inserted into my vagina for 6 consecutive days. On my 4th and 5th day using it, I had pink discharge and on the night of 5th, day and night of 6th, I had blood discharge, but the texture of the discharge is thick and different from what I have during period. Does that mean I am about to have my period or is this something I should be worried about?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2010
Experienced User
But no, you shouldn't ovulate whilst pregnant, because your body doesn't need to. Ovulation is the body releasing an egg for fertilisation which would be pointless if the woman was already pregnant. But no, relax, you aren't pregnant.

You have been put on Clotrimazole? That's a thrush treatment, do you have a fungal infection? But yes it is completely normal to have thick discharge (which is sometimes pink or light red) when using Clotrimazole pessaries (vaginal tablets), that's the medicine dissolving and doing it's job.
If you are still unsure, then you can always contact your doctor. I was put on Clotrimazole and it did the same thing for me, it's normal and nothing to worry about.
|

replied August 7th, 2010
Yeah, I have been put on Clotrimazole. When I went to my doctor last week, she took a sample from my uterus and sent it to the lab (after the negative PT). She asked me to come back again after a week for the results, to see if I have any infection. Within the week of waiting, I was put on Clotrimazole.

Yesterday, I went back for the lab results. And I was clean. No infections, no nothing. And this was before I was put on Clotrimazole. I told my doctor about the pink and red discharge, she said i might be having my period soon. MIGHT.

I still haven't got my period yet. =S
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2010
Experienced User
Ahh, they might have put you on Clotrimazole just as a precaution. Again, they did that for me, as a "just-in-case".
Glad to hear you are clean. Were you put on Clotrimazole for a reason (you had been having symptoms or something like that)?

Don't worry too much. Lots of things can affect your periods, from stress to birth control. It's also possible that it's just a natural glitch in your cycle. Seeing as you had one period start 12th May and the next 21st June, it's possible that your cycle might be just slightly longer. Is your cycle normally a bit longer than 28 days?
It's not strange or abnormal, every woman's cycle is slightly different and unique to them. Some women's periods come bang on every 28 days and are never late or early, whereas other women never have a regular cycle. Most women will have an irregular period at some point or another. If your doctor hasn't mentioned that it is anything to be particularly concerned about, it's probably nothing to be worried about.
Don't stress too much!
Grey
|

replied August 8th, 2010
After 16 days from June 21st, I had light brown discharge, which lasted for about a week. I had itching few months ago. Are those the symptoms?

I usually have my periods every month, and my cycles are usually longer than 28 days. But I havent had my period since June. It has been 49 days since my last period. Had about 7 negative urine PT, the last one performed by my doctor.

Thank you very much for your help!
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2010
Community Volunteer
An ultrasound may be in order, if you have not had a visit from Aunt Flo for 49 days. This would not be done JUST to rule out a pregnancy, but also to look for cystic changes in the ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome, also known as PCOS), changes in the endometrial lining, an ectopic pregnancy (highly unlikely, as by now you would most likely be experiencing some pain, but the risk could still be there), etc. Try to schedule an ultrasound with your doctor and also bring up your concerns with your lack of a period and ask your doctor why you could be missing your period/if any medicines he/she prescribed could affect your period for this long.
|