Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

pregnancy through injection/ boyfriend did vasectomy

hi am planning to have a baby,my boyfriend did vasectomy 5 years ago and now wants a baby through injection,is it possible and how long does it take for the pregnancy to take place
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The vasectomy done can be reversed. If you are planning for pregnancy, he should consider visiting his doctor/Andrologist/Urologist for further evaluation and go ahead with the reversal operation to open up the Vas (semen analysis done after 1 month of the procedure showing good quality sperms will confirm the success of the procedure). For further clarifications and discussion, visit your doctor/gynecologist, or consider taking opinion from Infertility specialist.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.