Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Pregnancy test after miscarriage ?

User Profile
i had my miscarriage on the 28th of Feb this year, still have not got my period. HPT negative, no idea what''s going on. My doctor says to just wait for my period, This week my BB''s have been extremely sensitive and i''ve been feeling a little sick. I thought HPT would definitly be positive but it wasn''t so now i''m going crazy wondering if i tested too soon!I just want feel normal again, wish with all my heart that i''m pregnant but if i''m not i wish my period would just come! how do you know when to test after miscarriage? no LMP date or ovulation date, help?!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A11834
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

You can wait for a week. Else you can take a blood pregnancy test which is more confirmatory. If still the test is negative and you do not get periods then other causes will have to be looked into.

Hypothyroidism, contraceptive pills and polycystic disease of the ovary can cause delayed or missed periods. Pituitary tumors secreting prolactin can also cause such problems. Anemia and poor diet are other reasons for delayed or missed periods. Unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss are the other factors to be looked into.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist once. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.