Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Pregnancy sydptm

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi.. my periods are 5 days late having abdominal pain and clear dischare but test result shows negative? Am i still pregnant or is there another reasn
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 18th, 2017
A blood test will give you a reliable result, even at the earliest stage of pregnancy (can detect a pregnancy earlier than a urine test at about 7-12 days from possible conception). Your doctor will order the blood test that will check for the pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), in your blood. You can have this test done as soon as you have missed your period.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Normal menstrual cycle may vary from 21 to 35 days. Sometimes after 45 days in some women. So wait and observe if your periods are delayed and pregnancy strips are negative. Periods will show up. Repeat the test after a few days of period still don't show, and the test if still negative should be consulted with an obstetrician and gynecologist to find out other possible causes of menstrual delay. Menstrual irregularities and hormonal imbalances should be considered.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.