Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Pregnancy stitch after cervical cancer

I have just found out i have cervical cancer it is very small early stages and i need a examination under anaesthetic. Ive been told if i have a child after i will need a a stitch on my cervix to stop early labour. I just want to no the percentage of it working does it stop many early labours. I dont want to risk a early labour if it isnt good. thank you rainbow
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2009
The clinical data regarding both the LEEP procedure and cone biopsy of the cervix is somewhat mixed, but most studies suggest that the vast majority of patients will be able to have a successful pregnancy. However, patients who require the removal of very large portions of the cervix are at increased risk of complications associated with pregnancy.

I would advise that you discuss your concerns with your gynecologist.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
If i was to go on and have another baby would the pregnancy hormone bring the cervical cancer back.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Especially eHealthy
No. It sounds to me as if you don't have cervical cancer but precancerous lesions which may or may not turn into cancer if left for years to grow on their own. What stage did they tell you your cancer was/is? Was there any other treatment involved? If not, it could very well be you have dysplasia which is NOT cervical cancer.

Hormones do not cause cervical abnormalities, HPV causes this. Get tested for HPV.
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
I think it was just past stage 3 of abnormal cells so it had to be classed as cancer. Ive had to have a mri scan and a cone biopsey done. I had the leep done first that was how they found it. So a baby will not bring it back.
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Nope.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.