Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with lupus and lupus Nephritis in 2004. I started getting symptoms 8 months after my daughter was born, my question is it okay to still have another child? I need advice on other women who have had children while having lupus and lupus nephritis. how was their outcome. Everthing seems to be going good right now. The only problem I have at the moment is protein loss of 300 and under. I am taking a small dose of prednisone and a large dose of cellcept to control the inflammation on my kidneys. The Dr says that my kidneys are great its just the protein that I am losing. Any advice would surely be appreciated Razz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2009
Lupus & Pregnancy
Hi, I'm am not sure how much of my experience will apply to you as I have Lupus SLE. I was diagnosed whilst pregnant with my first child and had a fine, although monitored pregnancy. I was also put onto Prednisone for joint pain although I am now taking Hydrozychloroquine. My babies growth was monitored, and he did stop growing at 36 weeks and I was induced. I am now pregnant with my 2nd. 34 weeks, and it has been a much easier pregnancy. My baby has actually been showing larger than my dates throughout and I am being induced 2 weeks today. Although only a doctor can answer your question, I was not advised against having my 2nd child. Hope everything works out well for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....