Hello all! I am a 32-year old woman. About a month ago I started dating a very nice guy. We are intimate and see each other regularly. Here is the thing: I went to see me ObGyn yesterday, and she adviced me to get pregnant as soon as possible due to a very serious medical condition. At this stage I have 2 options: to go for artificial insemination, or to try to be with this guy for a few months and then decide whether we are a good match for the long run. The issue is that I havd no idea where he stands with his life. Not sure if he ever wants to have kids. For me timing is everything now, I can't afford to wait too much. Don't want to put any pressure on him though. Not sure what to do, to share with him about my situation, or to keep quiet about it for a few months. But then, he might think I was hiding something very important from him! I don't want to be dishonest, nor do I want to put any pressure on him. Please, advice!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2018
Extremely eHealthy
Oh dear! Maybe you could tell him about the obgyn visit and the recommendation to get pregnant quickly, if necessary with AID can you believe that? Let that sink in for a minute or two. If his response is non-committal you could then ask if he would care to be the sperm donor, no strings attached.

He might run a mile, he might hang around until you find a successful donor, he might even offer to be long term support without marriage. You won't know until you try.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply