My husband and I are going to try and get pregnant starting this summer, and i am on Citalopram(20 miligrams daily) and have been this time for about a year. was on them another time same dose but was on it for about 2 years and was only able to go about 5 months before going back on the citalopram. I've been doing a little research on the subject and was wondering if it would be safe to stay on when i do get pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 10th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
It's obviously best to speak to your doctor about your plans to ttc and citalopram but citalopram can be taken safely during pregnancy - I was on a 10mg dose for the first five months of mine. I'd actually been hoping to be off it by the time we feel pregnant but it happened in the first cycle lol

It is also considered compatible with breastfeeding so there should be no reason you would have to stop it should you wish to ttc.

Best of luck
|
Users who thank Moo for this post: miranda01 

replied February 10th, 2010
Thank you so much for your reply! It makes me feel much better and more comfortble talking to my doctor about this.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....