Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy after mononucleosis

I'm pregnant (6 weeks only) and I had mono (EB virus) one and a half year ago. My doctor said that the chance of my baby being affected (birth defects, etc) is FIFTY, 50% (!!!!!) percent. I don't trust her because she is a mean b---- so I'd rather ask the ones who had mononucleosis within 2 years before their pregnancy. I had really high fever (39-40 celsius) for one and a half week, i got well after 2 weeks, but my immune system remained weak the following autumn and winter.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Mononucleosis infection rarely causes birth defects in the unborn baby.Since you had the disease two years back the chances of foetal defect are remote.Just have a watch that if you have any symptoms as fever,sore throat etc then report immediately to the treating doctor as high fever can be dangerous to the baby.
Have healthy nutritious diet.Drink lots of water and avoid smoking and alcohol.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.