Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pregnancy after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks. I first had bleeding on May 2, which lasted about 4 days. May 4, my blood HCG was 11. It was retaken on May 14 and was 2. My husband and I have started trying again already and I am having very similar symptoms to my last pregnancy and the pregnacy of of my now 2 yr old. My question is could this be symptoms from the miscarriage or could I possibly be pregnant again? It seems to soon, but yesterday I did have some mucous with some light pink. Could that be impantation bleeding? A few days after my miscarriage, I had cramping and then the bleeding stopped. I occasionally did have some brown discharge after, but that has now stopped as well. Now, May 17 and my breasts feel full and hurt some. I have had some nausea which could be from me being tired. And more constipation, but that may not be so abnormal for me. Also, are you more fertile after a miscarriage? I have heard some doctors say you are, but I know most advise against trying again this soon. Anyone, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2009
Experienced User
i think it may be too soon to be pregnant again, but im not sure. did you have a menstrual cycle yet? it would probably be beneficial to you to wait until youve had a 'normal' menstrual cycyle, that way you know your body is back to normal and there is something for your fertilized egg to hold on to. since there were still traces of pregnancy hormone in your system 4 days ago, i would think your body hasnt fully gone back to normal yet.

but i will tell you this..: on feb 11th i found out i lost my baby (i was 12 weeks), i had a d&c on feb 16th. i found out i was pregnant again on april 19th (1 menstrual cycle later). i go in for my 8 week appointment this friday. it is possible to get pregnant right away after a miscarriage and i also heard you are more fertile. i hope this pregnancy goes a lot better for me and i hope your next pregnancy goes better for you as well! Good luck
|

replied May 19th, 2009
Thanks. I know it may be too soon. But I have some symptoms. Wishful thinking may be? Also, FYI: Hcg levels of 2 is considered negative for pregnancy and for non-pregnant women, a reading of less than 5 is considered normal. So, mine are back down to normal. Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it. Good luck with your pregnancy. Glad to hear it is going well.
|

replied May 31st, 2009
Well, 4 weeks since my miscarriage and I am pregnant! Yay!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...