Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

preg symptoms, iud, mucous and bitta blood

I had a merina iud put in back in march, i had a baby 12 weeks earlier. i hadnt had a period at that stage but i bleed for about 2 days then stopped for 2 weeks then started again bleeding for about a month then after that nothing, i thought it was great!!!!! Well at the end of august i started getting pregnancy symptoms, extreme fatiuge and even nausous and dizzy spell, i cud have sworn i was preggas, did 2 tests over a few weeks and negative., the symptoms subsided a bit then a few days ago i had a funny feeling, was like i cud feel my merina inside me, like it was digging into me.i then started very slight thin bleeding, its quite red and i felt like it was my period but itgets quite mucousy aswell, only need to wear a liner. Is this just a period? and the iud making it weird or is it something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2011
I know that mirena causes your cervix to create a mucus plug similar to pregnancy to help stop sperm from reaching the uterus. You should go to see your Dr. Post back so we know what's wrong. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...