Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

preagnancy symptoms and got clear fluid leaking?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
just finished my period it lasted two weeks but now I have preagnancy symptoms and got clear fluid leaking so took a Pregnancy test but test come out negative what's wrong with me? what could it be
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2012
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The first possibility that comes to my mind that can cause a huge amount of clear vaginal discharge with an urge to urinate is pregnancy. To get a clear picture take a blood test for HCG levels after another week and half. This will give a clear indication as to whether you are pregnant or not.

The other possibility is that you are on some birth control pill that is causing excess discharge due to stimulation of the glands of cervix. If this is the case, changing the pill will help.
Non infective cervical lesion such as cervical erosion, chronic cervicitis, mucous polyp and ectropion (cervical glands are exposed to the vagina) may produce excessive secretion which pours out at the vagina.

The other possibilities are STD like gonorrhea and chlamydia, vaginal infections and prolonged use of tampons etc causing allergic reaction. There are many other causes of vaginal discharge but either they cause a foul smelling discharge or they cause an itch.

It could just be due to infection which will go away on its own or an allergic reaction of the latex of the condom causing profuse discharge. At times condom slips into the vagina and acts as a source of infection and discharge.Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.