Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

power lifter having labored Breathing problems

So I recently started having labored breathing that gets worse with any activity even talking. Back story, a year ago I lost 150lb down to 260. Became a power lifter for the past year, train reguraley and go to competitions (nothing illegal)Hit my head 3 weeks ago started having breathing issues 2.5 weeks ago. Normal doctor thinks its unrelated. I dont smoke, head ct was clean, chest x ray was clean, blood work inclusing white and red blood cell was good, blood oxygen 98%, blood pressure 120/60, pulse 80. When I hit my head I lost some blood, had the concussion, but never lost consciousness. Lungs sound fine also. I have never felt like this, almost like im struggling for each breath. The only time its easy to breathe is in very cold enviorments. I have an upcoming pulmonary function test. No one has any clue what's wrong with me though. Please any advice is great.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 4th, 2014
Also no pain or tightness in the chest arms or jaw
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....