User Profile
What is a good age to start potty training and a rough time frame how long it will take. Kiara is 27 months and we just starting because she is showing interested in her potty chair now. What I kinda want to know if she is ahead or behind schedule.

Thank you
Becky
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I can't answer your first question, but I have some reference to the age. My friend started her girl when she was about 12 months. Not fully, but every time she went to the bathroom, she'd put her girl on her little potty (she was walking pretty well at this age too). She's now 14 months and she'll go during the day on the potty (but obviously still wears diapers). On the other hand, her step mother has a 5 year old that has been out of diapers for only a year. They had to potty train her so she wasn't going to kindergarten in diapers. IMO, 3 is pushing the age to when they need diapers, so I think they should be trained by the time they are 2.5. Kiara sounds likes the perfect time to start full on. Good Luck!
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Thank you for response

She is doing good during the day, but at night time we still put diapers on her and if we go out. At first, at home we would just let her run around with just a shirt on and she did really good going to the potty now we put undies on her and she has some accidents with then on, but is getting better ever day. She picks things up fast. I think she will be trained by 2.5.
|
Tags: parenting
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....