Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

potassium citrate and high uric acid

I am taking potassium citrate to reduce the chance of kidney stones due to the fact I only have one kidney and have had stone issues in the past.But now my uric acid is high(10) and gout pain is very bad. I thought the potassium citrate would lower uric acid? I watch my diet and drink alot of water but the joint pain is getting worse.What else can I do? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2012
Please see the comment by Isoptera in the gout forum under gout and potassium. I think you may find some helpful information there. He also references a book that has information on potassium nutrition. I think that the type of potassium you take is important. But the comment by Isoptera is quite informative. I hope you get the help you need.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...