Most certainly yes!!!!!!!!! If it helps someone in pain then it is a cheap and safe form of relief compared to most prescription meds.

No it's not a "gateway drug" any more then smoking is to pot.

The only reason it's illegal is it bypasses docs and drug companies. Two powerful entities that want to protect thier turf and retain a monopolistic grip/control on us.

After taking multiple drugs for migraines over the last six months it's very obvious that pot is not only safer but has fewer side effects and is much cheaper.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank Brent R for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Brent R wrote:
Most certainly yes!!!!!!!!! If it helps someone in pain then it is a cheap and safe form of relief compared to most prescription meds.

No it's not a "gateway drug" any more then smoking is to pot.

The only reason it's illegal is it bypasses docs and drug companies. Two powerful entities that want to protect thier turf and retain a monopolistic grip/control on us.

After taking multiple drugs for migraines over the last six months it's very obvious that pot is not only safer but has fewer side effects and is much cheaper.
Yes, I agree. I had a frontal temporal lobe stroke. the headaches are unreal they are so extreme... I was prescribed Darvaset which works when they are mild. When they are very bad only marijuana can get rid of it.. Thanks for your impute. respect I totally agree with every single thing you have said. Read some of the other Medical marijuana Debates if you can and please respond. I am an advocate for Medical marijuana Legislation and legalization. Thanks Again for your input.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Hey I am against all illicit drugs. IMO Mary Jane is in NO WAY illicit. It has many medical benefits that have been proven.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I agree...I don't like illegal drugs either...but MJ is not the same as crack, coak,meth, all that crazy crap that can really mess you up. It should be managed and doctors should have the opportunity to prescribe it and control it. It is making people like me and millions of others with HIV/AIDS,glaucoma,Crones,MS and many other afflictions criminals and sometimes having to deal with criminal elements when we are far from criminals...if that makes since.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Made perfect sense, dear. Now I am not saying my son or daughter can go smoke a joint whenever they want. I still believe all Mary should be saved for those who really need it. Because of the one side effect that MJ has, I would not want my son or daughter using it. Anorexics, maybe.
(lol sorry...the side effect is weight gain/munchies)
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: homerx 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
motherofhighspiritedones wrote:
Made perfect sense, dear. Now I am not saying my son or daughter can go smoke a joint whenever they want. I still believe all Mary should be saved for those who really need it. Because of the one side effect that MJ has, I would not want my son or daughter using it. Anorexics, maybe.
(lol sorry...the side effect is weight gain/munchies)
Laughing Laughing Laughing respect peace I agree...I wouldn't want my kids doing that or drinking or smoking tobacco or anything... hey thanks
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2008
Experienced User
Marijuana is not a gateway drug. People who smoke MJ are usually happy with sticking to it. Marijuana is not the same as other illegal drugs, and taking MJ does not lead to taking other illegal drugs.
To be honest I actually think that if MJ is illegal, cigarettes and alcohol should be too, cigarettes especially have no positive effects at all.
|
Users who thank GreyWolf for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2008
Community Volunteer
yep
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Lol, even alcohol has no real positive side effects...ugh the livers of alcoholics after they are dead...wow.....just as bad as a smoker's lungs.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
motherofhighspiritedones wrote:
Lol, even alcohol has no real positive side effects...ugh the livers of alcoholics after they are dead...wow.....just as bad as a smoker's lungs.
I bet... Embarassed
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Exactly!
It makes no sense that alcohol and cigarettes are legal and MJ isn't.
|
Users who thank GreyWolf for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
GreyWolf wrote:
Exactly!
It makes no sense that alcohol and cigarettes are legal and MJ isn't.
Right On!
peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace
|
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....