Medical Questions > Mens Health > Vasectomy Forum

Post Vasectomy Problems?

User Profile
I am trying to figure out if a vasectomy or tubal ligation is best for us. I'm not finding much on the "lesser" side effects of a vasectomy. Such as; is there any lasting pain/discomfort, a lowered sex drive, increased 'submissiveness', lowered desire to fix things & work on cars (lol), etc. I'm looking for anything you've experienced yourself or may have observed in others.

Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2012
I had a vasectomy about 3 years ago. Roughly every 6 months for the first 2 years I had an incredible pain stemming from my testicles. After some antibiotics and a simple change in clothing that problem is gone now.

Vasectomies are much safer and, from what I have read, have a lower rate of failure than tubal ligation.

My sex drive has not gone down though the research says it should drop a little. I actually really enjoy the idea that my wife and I don't have to be as cautious.

In every aspect of my life, I have not noticed a difference in my behavior from pre- to post-vasectomy.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 20th, 2012
Don`t have the snip it has ruined my life, I ca`nt even drive my car without being in severe pain!! Never mind about sex, I have pain when I climax.
|

replied February 17th, 2014
Yes, there is going to be some changes. You can't change some thing and expect it to be completely the same. I experienced some minor discomfort(and regret) occasionally. I and my partner are completely happy for not having to worry about birth control. Sex is really good, no problems. The operation for the women is much more risky and involved.
|