Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

post partum vaginal discharge, uncomfortable cervix

User Profile
Hi, I'm a 26 year old female with post partum cardio myopathy and myasthenia gravis. I have been feeling fine for a while but have noticed some changes in my vaginal discharge for 2 solid weeks now. It has changed to a light sometimes dark brown. It is sometimes thick and sometimes watery. But the most upsetting thing is there seems to be...stuff in it. small white and brown chunks or dots. Very very small. Some are not dots at all but weird shapes. I have had a yeast infection before and there is no itch or burn and the chunks are not at all cottage cheese like. Occasionally there is a bit of blood accompanying the discharge.I thought I had gone a day without this development and engaged in intercourse with my husband only to find that it was uncomfortable near my cervix. What does all of this mean? I'm nervous and scared especially because I don't have medical insurance. I won't go to a doctor unless it is really necessary because I have to pay out of pocket for everything. HELP!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2014
General Q and A Answer A47578
Welcome to e health forum.

Without a physical and pelvic examination specific diagnosis of the underlying condition would not be possible and hence any advice given here is only for information.

In case, you had sexual intercourse, after some time, and it was passionate/ rough or without any lubrication, experiencing some discomfort or pain and bloody vaginal discharge would be a normal occurance. If this was a single episode and has subsided thereafter, use of proper lubrication can help avoid further episodes.

Other possibility for your symptoms and history are indicative of either a infection (Fungal or bacterial) or a general inflammatory condition (Pelvic inflammatory disease).

A trial of Candid-V can be tried to see if the condition resolves. If not it would be highly recommended for you to seek consultation with your OB-GYN doctor for proper medical advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.