Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

Post partum belly fat but feels like very hard abdomen .

My daughter had babies 13 mo apart she delivered Feb 25 of this year, she is 22 and has had trouble losing her belly this time . recently I've been asking if she might be preg again because her belly is providing as if she were 4 or 5 mo preg. She just finished her period 2 days ago . I felt her belly and it is very hard and firm it looks like beely fat and folds over like mine did after my c section but it does not feel like fat at all except for a little on her right side. She delivered natural both times. I have lupus and for years have suspected she may also but she is doctor phobic. Any ideas what is going on in her belly?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

If your daughter is having periods regularly, she is less likely to be pregnant. However, since some women do continue to have periods even while pregnant, it is necessary to take a pregnancy test and see. If it is negative, it may help to join a gym or take up abdominal exercises. It is difficult to lose fat after back-to back pregnancies. Also, yes, if you have lupus, maybe your daughter should annually get tested for it.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.