User Profile
my husband had an open appendix op 6 weeks ago.It now seems that the scar has two little clear bubbles of something protruding from the scar. It seems like poison or discharge is trying to leak from two points on his scar. Could anyone tell me what this might be please. He is still very sore and tender on his right side but what is happening to his scar has only happened over the last week or two. Any answers would be appreciated. thankyou.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
This could be inner stitch or stitches working it's way out...My husband was allergic to his hip replacement stitches and most of them worked their way to the surface...I used warm water to soak them and cleaned out the infection that came with them...Hot to warm water (a couple of times a day) did the trick...Call your doctor if you have any questions...He/she will know...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
I had the same situation after open heart surgery and it was the stitches making their way out but In those areas I began to keyloid scar until a friend told me to try a product named mepiform scar treatment. Since i began using this product my scaring began less.
|
Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...