Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Post Nephrectomy of major weight loss

I had removal of my left kidney the end of Feb. It had many, many cysts in it, none were found to be cancerous. After surgery I stopped drinking sodas and quit eating potato chips and guacamole. I do have type 2 diabetes. It was never in check before since my kidney was always infected and kept my sugars up with infections for over 3 years! It has been now 6 months since surgery- I have lost 50 pounds! My general physician claims I am in o0k health and am not showing anything in my blood work to be concerned with BUT I am terrified! Before surgery I weighed 205 and I have always been fat! I am currently 150. AND I seem to be losing weight every few days! Is there any tests I should be asking for or has this happened to anyone else?? I am 63 years old and seriously not ready to die! I would love to last 10 more years at least! Please give me some ideas!! I am making myself worried sick!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...