Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

post natel depression, my moods are vile, how do i be me?

I'm young mom of two and I'm suffering with post natel depression, my moods are vile and I'm.not the happy go lucky girl I used to be, I hate myself so.no wonder my partner doesn't want to be around me but I just wish he understood, I just want to be me again, how do I be me?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2014
Hi Jayne, I am so sorry you're going through this right now. I'm not a parent so I don't completely understand post-natal depression but I have suffered from chronic depression for many years. It's never easy to deal with, especially when I feel like I'm in one of my "dark" times.

Sometimes people go through 'situational depression.' This is what happened to my mom after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy and for a while, lots of family, friends and neighbors would come over or call to check on her, stop by, etc. After a few months they started to dwindle, thinking she was feeling better, and she got very depressed. She saw a counselor and was put on a small dosage of Zoloft for a few months. Once she got through the "dark" time she felt much better and felt like herself again.

I hope you are feeling better. No one can truly understand what you're going through except for you, so telling your doctor or a counselor/therapist ALL of your symptoms, thoughts and feelings is going to best help you feel like yourself again. Just remember you have a wonderful little person in your life to take care of and they need you. Congratulations on your baby. Smile
|

replied March 7th, 2014
I'm currently seeing a councillor twice a month, I'm trying to avoid tablets as I'm breast feeding, I feel asif alot of my friends have distanced themselves as has my partner Ino I'm not how I used to be but I have good days and bad, my mom suffered from anxiety and depression also so sometimes feel I have noone close to myself to open up to when u do feel low, I hope yourself and your mom are well, thank you for your comment xx
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...