Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Possibly infected wounds on my scalp?

So, since the last year or so, I've developed the annoying habit of scratching my scalp. It has created little wounds, there are about 5 of them and they're also less than a quarter of an inch in size. I keep scratching them open over and over again, I hate myself for it but for some reason I can't stop doing it (probably a sort of OCD, I've ordered one of those fidget cubes to help with that).
My concern right now is, how can I heal them? I don't know if they're infected, there's no pus leaking out but they are kind of painful and some are a little swollen/red. Some have also developed scar tissue but don't even allow that to develop fully by continuously scratching.They've been there for more than 6 months now.
What do I do to heal them (apart from keeping my fingers off of them?)
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....