I've been on diets, excercise, and make myself sick. I've been doing this for years but the sickness part has only been happening for the past 2 years and the ironic thing is that i'm still fat. i'm tired and fed up and don't know what to do.
I don't want to seek advise from my GP as they've always made me feel that im wasting their time when I'v gone to them for other reasons.

I want to be normal, whatever that is these days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
I would say you are bulimic if you have been making yourself sick for the past few yrs on a regular basis.. bulimia however doesnt just make you skinny. ..many people with bulimia are in fact not thin.. your body ends up learning it needs to hurry up and hold on to the calories quicker theny you rid them etc. You sound like you want help.. dont be afraid to get it.. get some councling...there are also eating disorder groups. If you are wanting to lose weight there are way healthier ways of doing so but you need to get help with your problem first before trying to lose the weight. Diets unforuntatly dont usually work, or last.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2009
How do you know what classifys as Bulimic?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....