Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

possibly bipolar symptoms ?

Hello,

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. We clicked immediately when we met, and we had a long distance relationship for a year. He called me all the time, e-mailed, paid so much attention to me. I fell so hard for him. He was everything I've ever wanted and more, I thought I was Cinderella. We were both still married when we met, and we both quickly separated from our spouses. We would fly back and forth to see each other about once a month. I proceeded to get divorced. He completely intended to proceed with his, but it kept stalling. I didn't know until I moved to his town that he was still involved with his wife off and on. Loved me, told me he was trying to get out of the situation with her, never moved back in with her, but couldn't seem to extricate himself. Started to get shady acting, would be way in love with me calling all the time and coming over, and then he'd be unreachable or unresponsive when I did speak with him. Back and forth. Wonderful. Unresponsive.

Finally they got divorced. She moved away, and I moved in with him. Everything was wonderful for a month. He was so excited about me being with him, told me we would only be with each other and that I was the love of his life and that he didn't want to be with anyone else. All of a sudden, he's talking to his exwife again. To make this long story short, let me explain the current happenings of about the last month.

Things between us started improving. I've always loved him so much, he's definitely the love of my life. He becomes attentive, loving, fun, smiling, unstressed and happy -- normal acting. Then he'll turn on a dime, and all of a sudden it's like this person that I thought loved me suddenly hates and resents me. For example, about a week ago, he was telling me he loves me, holding me all night long, doing the grocery shopping and planning stuff, just being wonderful. About two days ago, he starts looking wooden faced. Nothing has happened, nothing has changed as far as I know I haven't done anything to make him angry. He starts pulling away, and I can feel it. He starts getting distant. He's not happy anymore, he won't make eye contact, it's like he suddenly doesn't like me anymore. This morning, I try to find out what's wrong. I tell him I love him. He says I don't care. I say a few days ago, you did. He says, when? He has no reason that I can think of to be angry at me. He has just turned on a dime, gone from hot to cold, gone from not being able to get enough of me and pouring his energy into the relationship and seeming to be happy about it, to angry and cold and distant.

He's moody. Other people can tell when he gets like this. I get the brunt of it, and it's a definite pattern. Hot and cold. He'll get really quiet, won't talk to people, and his family members can tell when he's distancing himself. I don't know if it's me or what it is. I feel like I treat him very well, don't scream and yell, don't demand too much, just love him.

Is this bipolar or is he just not sure if he wants to be with me or not?

Please help, I am reeling with hurt today. I keep thinking this hot and cold, come here go away thing could be something he needs help for, and then I think it is probably me. I hope someone can help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
I'm gonna go with there might be relationship or personal issues...but not bipolar. Maybe he's stressed?
|

replied June 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Some internet relationships do go sour after awhile. It is unfortunate but, it does happen. This might be the case.
|

replied August 10th, 2012
I don't think it's Bi-polar
Read up on Alexythymia
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...