Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Possibly anxiety ? I know how I feel is ridiculous, but...

I am extremely scared of going outside on my own, and with others.

With other, I'm very self conscious. I feel like everyone is looking at me, judging me- even though I KNOW they aren't. I know how I feel is ridiculous, But I can't help it.

When on my own, I feel self conscious as with others, but a bigger fear takes over me. I'm scared of being murdered, kidnapped, raped etc...
I know that the likely good of them things happening to me are low. But they are still possible.
I'm scared of dying. Especially if I could of prevented it. I go outside and get murdered ? My own fault; shouldn't of gone outside. I drown? Shouldn't of gone near the water.
I know that it wouldn't really be my fault, but at the same time I know I could've then prevented myself from dying.

Even walking down the street on my own, if someone in a car looks at me, I get scared. Sometimes, I will walk to the top of the street and turn back, crying. Scared. I hate it but I don't know what my problem is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2014
Experienced User
How old are you? To me it sounds like post-traumatic stress, in any case, you need to seek professional help
|

replied September 20th, 2014
I am only 13
|

replied September 21st, 2014
that fear is something you need a doctor for. you need to get a grip on reality for starters. you need to see the bigger picture than the fear that lives inside of you. it makes sense that what you KNOW and what you FEEL dont match. im sure that leaves you confused on what to really believe. i understand that. ive dealt with that before. when your mind and your heart conflict life becomes hell. use your head and tell yourself what you would want to believe and focus your emotions on creating a soft blanket for yourself instead of a spiky blanket. in order to get over that kind of fear you really need to talk to someone so they can guide you down a better and safer path. it really helps when you have people around you dealing with problems. theres a certain kind of love and acceptance that you cant find anywhere else. you just have to be brave and keep trying to make yourself better.
|

replied September 21st, 2014
Experienced User
it's obvious that you need to talk about it with your parents, unlikely surfing the internet someone can help you here
|

replied September 25th, 2014
I thought you had some bad experience in past might be in childhood and you are not aware about it. Something lying unconsciously in your mind. You need psychiatrist who will help you.
|

replied September 27th, 2014
First off, I would say well done for coming on here, even telling people on the internet about what you're experiencing can be a scary step. But it's your first step, so well done. I think its important that you speak to your parents about this if you feel that you can; if not, maybe a friend or relative? Its important to let the people around you know what you're going through. It's also important that you speak to your Dr about these feelings, as they will be the first step to getting some treatment. Anxiety and fear can be horrible, but very common, so you're not alone in feeling this way. All the best.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...