Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

possiblity sperm could have made it in...

User Profile
Am I pregnant? I didn't have penetrative sex- but there is a possiblity sperm could have made it into my vagina, this happened around ovulation.

I did not worry about being pregnant until 10 days past ovulation, I got fingered pretty roughly and when I wiped there was a slight pink blood drop on the toilet paper. Is this abrasion bleeding ( I am still a virgin) or IMPLANTATION BLEEDING? I am incredibly worried, what are the chances of becoming pregnant without actual sex? Could it be possible the implantation bleeding just 'happened' to come right after I was fingered?

I am having my usual PMS symptoms - my period is expected in four days.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2013
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A43345
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Implantation bleeding usually occurs within 6-12 days of ovulation or a fruitful intercourse/sexual contact. If the fingering was rough, the bleeding that you describe could indicate internal injury. If there was first time vaginal penetration, then it could also signify bleeding after hymen rupture (which usually subsides within 48-72 hours). If you were closer to your expected period dates, it is also possible that your orgasm precipitated early periods due to uterine contractions (as part of orgasm) resulting in endometrial separation. Observe your current bleeding. Look out for development of any new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. If worried, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification, and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.