Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Possible to predict periods?

Hi all, I came off the pill (Ovranette) after a year on it in the beginning of February, since then my periods have been irregular. I ended up having two in one Month - Feb/April, then my next was two weeks late ending on the 5th of June. I go on holiday on Thursday for a week (28th-6th July) Is there any way of being able to tell whether I'll start on holiday? I would really prefer not to, but I know there's nothing I can do about it now.

Thanks x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2012
Community Volunteer
If iti s not regular, it is very difficult to predict.

Do you not get signs that it is coming? Cramps, change in breasts, emotional, cravings, headaches?

You can also try the disposable menstrual cups (Instead SoftCup). You kan keep it inside for up to 12 hours, it will not cause problems if you wear it before you flow as a precaution, and it is perfectly safe and clean for sex while you are flowing.

It will not take away the physical discomfort, but it does make it much easier to deal with when you are on the beach or away from washrooms. And if you are sexually active, it does keep everything safe and clean.

Also take Midol, Advil, Ibprofin or whatever NSAID you use to manage pain at the first signs of your period arriving. Most women wait too long, until the anti-inflamatory can't help, before taking it.

Enjoy your holiday!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...