Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

possible that I'm hitting a stage of puberty late?

I am an 18 year old male. My whole life I've been overweight, but still did some sports. A few years ago I basically quit all physically involving activities. Over those years I have tried different diets, nothing crazy, and have quit them all. I've never been physically fit in my life. Two weeks ago, I started exercising, and it's going great. I started lightweight lifting, and this past week started swimming laps. Now since I've never been fit, I was sore from lifting for a few days, but since then I haven't felt any soreness. I went from swimming 30 laps in my pool (1/4 mile), one week ago, to swimming a full mile today. The first day of laps I was exhausted, now I merely feel a bit worked, but I don't feel any kind of soreness or fatigue. Also, I get sunburn easily in the sun, and my whole life, the burn would stay at least 3-4 days. I got badly burned these past two days, but noticed that each burn was gone writhin 24 hours. I know this all sounds like good news, but it seems too good. On top of all of this, I've went from drinkin about 1,000 ml of water per day to drinking at least 3,000 ml. I feel amazing, but I'm worried that this could all be some symptoms of a disease that I'm unaware of. I know it sounds silly, but my whole life, working out has been a difficulty, and now I feel like I'm on track to be in the best shape of my life. It is very possible that I'm hitting a stage of puberty late, I've already considered that being the reason my muscles haven't felt sore, as they may have naturally grown recently. Please tell my I'm not crazy, that this is normal. My only other idea is that I am turning into a superhero, but I'm past the age of seeing these things as "superhuman transformations", and am at the point where I'm worried that I'm sick. Please respond as soon as possible with logical explanations for this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

Your issues like sunburns, excessive thirst, exhaustion, etc, are all situational and due to overexertion with lack of rest.

Based on the history and your age, your symptoms are more likely due to physiological stress and anxiety and not due to any serious medical issues.

If you have a doubt, consult a doctor and seek a proper medical opinion. You may also consult a psychiatrist for management of your stress and anxiety disorder.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Puberty
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.