Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Possible Lyme Disease symptoms ?

I was bit by a tick last year and I have alot of symptoms but my test was negative(my ELISA was equivocal). I still think I have lyme disease. Do you have to have a rash with it? I didn't see a rash,but my symptoms started 3 months after the bite,and I've been sick on and off since then. Any info would be greatly appreciated,thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Not all people get the bulls-eye rash. I know they often use a blood test to see if you have it, but as you've said it was negative.

What kind of "sick" have you been? Lyme Disease does have flu-like symptoms, but can also lead to things like arthritis and impaired motor functions.

Is there any way to ask your doctor for the antibotics to ease your state of mind? Have you had multiple tests or seen more than one doctor?
|

replied July 13th, 2009
Agree with vappychan14. I didn't have a bulls-eye or even a tick bite that I could recall for the last 20 years! Now, I have a positive ELISA and a CDC positive Western Blot for Lyme disease. I have been suffering for three years with a bunch of neurological mess. Go to a doc that is Lyme friendly. 99% of the time, docs will say you can't have chronic Lyme (past the initial illness) but new information is slowly changing that thought process in medicine. You need a Western Blot from Igenex labs in CA (I'm not a doc, so take it as just from my experience). It may cost you, but I found my insurance paid about 1/4 of it and it was well worth it. I came up negative at other labs until Lyme sufferers told me where to have my blood sent. LLMDs are Lyme Literate Medical Doctors and are almost the only ones who will understand. Get ready for some controversy. Just google "lyme controversy". You'll see. But, if you can get treated early, it may save you some grief (like mine) in the future. Don't take it lightly.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....