Dear all,

Would like to seek your advice regarding something. I'm 26 this year, I've been having this kinda dull pain on the right side of my testicle, probably i would say where the pubic hair grows, near to the groin. I masturbated like once everyday.

It started about 4 weeks ago - I masturbated before, then few hours later I went for a jog. When I came back and sat down, all of all sudden I feel this dull pain at stated area. There isn't any red patch or anything, everything visually looks okay. Usually if I don't touch it or anything, it's pretty unnoticeable, it's only when I hold my penis and when i move it towards the left or straight, there comes the dull pain again. Then I leave it alone, and when I do the same action again, feel it once more.

Right now, My groin area is aching as well, and not only that, been feel some sort of ache on my thighs/knees sometimes too. And the dull pain is still at the area. Now it feels more significant or so.. It's not painful, it's just bothering. And me being a very paranoid person with past health issues, it gets me very worried.

I went to see a GP, and he informed me that it might be an inguinal hernia. He thought so after pressing the area and asking me to cough, comparing with the left side. I tried so myself and kind of felt something come out after coughing.

He referred me to a surgeon in local hospital, but one thing that I'm really confused (and demoralized) about is, I don't even do any heavy lifting what so ever, and there isn't any bludge/sharp pain or any other symptoms that people assiocate inguinal hernia with. Although I found some people having mild inguinal hernia with no obvious symptoms at all.

Just feel super bumped that I've been trying to live healthily, ensuring that I bent my knees down properly when picking up things, avoiding heavy objects etc. But no matter how I do, this kind of health issue just negates everything and comes when it wants.

Anyone can share some tips and advice? What should I tell the surgeon during my appointment; should I request for ultrasound or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....