Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Possible inflammation of the urinary or genital tract

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I had testicle pain for about a week and went into the doctors in that time. He examined my testicles and ordered an ultrasound, which was clean and found nothing. For the past month my groin has been hurting, mostly when i move my legs, ie: walk, sit, standup, Cough/sneeze/ get from from lying down. At first i felt a swollen lymph node on my left groin area, but there is one almost as big on the right.
My main question is what are the odds it's something to do with my lymph nodes or prostate or such? I'm 18 and I haven't had any discharge or ED or anything like that, but the pain has been for a while. Im asking you this because it's a holidy and it's friday so thats 3 days before i can even schedule an appointment with my urologist ( my doctor gave me a recommendation and said, if you think you need to, go here). So is it important enough to rush to the doctor?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2010
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A9436

According to the data you provided (pain in groin, lumps in groin area on both sides, no discharge, no Erectile Dysfunction, nothing found with physical examination and ultrasound scan of testicles), you might be experiencing an inflammation of the urinary or genital tract. What might have caused the inflammation cannot be determined without an additional examination.

You might want to visit a urologist for a physical examination and a urine culture and a sperm culture. This would confirm or rule out the presence of any bacteria that might have caused infection. Antibiotics are recommended by the doctor for infection.

If no infection is found, you might want to have an abdominal ultrasound scan to check the condition of the liver where the blood flows from the lymph nodes you reported as affected.

The condition does not seem to be developing fast and it might wait for several days, but visiting a doctor is definitely recommended within a few days.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.