So I'm a 20 year old male and I have been experiencing a strange situation with my eating. As of about 5 years ago, I began feeling like I was going to throw up while I ate. I understand this is a common issue but what's weird is that when I'm home or eating with my family or close friends, I never feel like throwing up while I eat. However, when I used to eat lunch at school, or now when I'm studying abroad and eat with my apartment mates here, I literally can't eat a meal without feeling like throwing up. It's not that I don't want to eat, I actually love food, but I just can't force it down. I was hoping somebody could have an answer for this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2018
Based on your history and description the throwing up is most likely related to anxiety and has a psychiatric association. You need to consult a psychiatrist to determine the exact cause. Behavioural cognitive therapy, psychotherapy and medication as alone or in combination may be advised to manage these issues.

|

replied May 19th, 2018
Hi,
I read your post and I think you should consult with a psychiatrist to determine the exact cause.
Thanks
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2018
As, Ashley said you must concern a psychiatrist is best!! being in other country and different environment might impact your behaviour and eating habits
|

replied September 27th, 2018
I agree with everyone else. You should see someone who can really take care of you and make sure you are seen carefully. Best of luck!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.