im 16...
ive been feeling down for a bout a year now and ive come to tearms to accept that i am maby depressed.... ive latly been developing more strange acts of behaviour i think i have a social phobia i will go out of my way to avoid social situations... i have a nasty and aggressive side and my athoughts are irratic and all over the place as if there are other people in my head are saying them... most days feel like a dream and i have become very withdrawn froms my life .... i have bad thoughts and almost feels like im not even saying them i jump from moods qucikyly ...and i cannot hold any real relationships with people ....i am paranoid and suspect everyone of anyhtink under the sun... i also feel like i can never be my self...i have a very short term concerntration and will forget really important thing for no reason and i can be obsessive over the smallest thing...and its like im always in my head and i thinkg way too much and that possibly have personaltly disorder and i have convesations out loud that were supposed to be in my head ...latly it feels like these things are not as bad as they were ... or have i just grow a custom to them!!??

anybody got any advice???? would be much appriative
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
You should go and speak with a doctor who might then refer you to a psychiatrist to get a proper diagnosis.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
The thoughts might be what I would have called racing thoughts and that is a Bipolar symptom.

Obsessing over things might fall in the obsessive / compulsive disorder.

Depression can be just regular depression or it could be bipolar. Do you ever have manic periods when you feel real good like on top of the world.

You should go to a doctor and have them test you, they ask a bunch of questions and come up with a diagnosis for you. I have multiple diagnosis of my own.

Obsessive / Compulsive Disorder
Attention Deficit Disorder
Borderline Personality
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Bipolar I (Manic / Depression)

The borderline personality that I have is just a feeling of extreem rejection from loved ones that makes me want to cut myself. I don't think you have to worry about that one.

PTSD is when you where abused, or if you served in the service and had bad experiences.

ADHD is when you have short attention span, also careless driving habits.

OCD is when you do things over and over again.

Bipolar is going through ups and downs, can cycle daily or over a period of years. People with Bipolar have trouble spending money productively. Also strong sex drive can be associated with the manic side.

But if it is just Depression you should get on top of that ASAP so you can get to feeling better as soon as you can. I know I was depressed for almost a year straight, and it took almost that long to get the meds straight.

Good luck to you.
|

replied July 25th, 2008
Yes! I agree with your great advice, it really works for me.
Thanks for your information! g2r
|

replied July 26th, 2008
Freindship is the cure of everything.Make frinds,gossip around,laugh a lot ,dont think that you are concerned with depressiv acts - live a normal life - for get these - dont even say any of your freind you have thi problem - this will remid you again and again that you have dippression.
Forget everything - c'mon - life s a sweet , live it party
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with depression.
You would need antidepressant to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied January 24th, 2019
You really do need to visit a physiatry ASAP.
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2019
You should quickly visit the doctor and discus your problem.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.