User Profile
I'm 25 and very nervous, I have a biopsy on Tuesday (Colposcopy). The Doctor refused to inform me if they think it's cancer or not but when I read my results it said abnormal Epithelial Cells/Squamous Cells, I went to school for the medical field so I understood and when my doctor found out I was inquiring about Epithelialoma or Squamous cell carcenoma she kind of ignored it and said that it's just abnormal but obviously they are thinking something. I wish they would tell me I HATE being kept in the dark.

My question is how long does it take for biopsy results to come back, I'd prefer to know before Christmas if I have cervical cancer, my life really does depend on it. All I ever wanted was children my career would always come second to me having a family but if I can't I know I'm going to be devastated.

Any advice would be helpful.

THANK YOU!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2011
Let me know how your colposcopy went.. I have one coming up soon and I feel just as stressed as you. I am praying I don't have to do anything drastic. I'm only 26 and have yet to have children.
|

replied December 15th, 2011
Hello, I just posted a postive story in the forum but I just had a colposcopy last week and recieved the call today that it is mild and they just want to do a follow up pap in 6 months, I am so relieved.
If you have any questions about the procedure I will be happy to answer as I know reading on the internet can be so scary!!
|

replied December 14th, 2011
Everything's gonna be alright. Still I'be worrying as well if I were u! Couple of years ago my close friend had an ovarian cancer, but doctor and his assistant had failed to define proper diagnosis. At that time they carried a lawsuit for medical malpractice. If you have alike situation, those guys are really helpful
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2011
Experienced User
9crimes....I really do understand I'm 25 and haven't had children yet either. I'll keep you in my prayers. The procedure is very simple I went to school for this stuff but I really did need reassurance from people who are going through the same thing. It didn't hurt just mildly uncomfortable and you may cramp a little a day or 2 after.

StayPositive....I'm hoping my results are fine they scheduled me to come back in January for the results but then I got an unexpected call today to come in tomorrow. It made me worry more than I was, I'm trying to keep my head up but it scares me the thought of not being able to carry my own children and give birth breaks my heart.

AmyFisher....Thank you but my Dr and I have been very close for a long long time he wouldn't worry me to much his team has my full trust and confidence.

Thank you all for your feedback it does help in more ways than one. You're all in my prayers. <3
|

replied December 20th, 2011
You will be in my thoughts a prayers today as well! Hopefully whatever they found they can treat now and you will be able to have childres. My doctor told me her own personaly story of having moderate cells, she had a cone biopsy done and has had 3 kids since. Good luck with everything and I wish you the best!
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2011
Experienced User
Thank you again everyone for all the words or hope and wisdom.

My results came in and I'm on stage 2 of it becoming cancerous they want me to get a second opinion just in case which means another biopsy but I wont be able to get in until the new year. There is a slight chance that my body will put everything back to normal by that time so that's what I'm praying for.

Again thank you all! you're all in my prayers <3
|

Such good news! My doctor told me to take extra Vitamin C because it is good for the skin. I am also taking a immune booster, and a pre natal vitamin. I have also read and bought Alo Vera juice. These are just good natural ways to help your body fight it off, thought I would just throw it out there since I am doing it as well! So happy for you and good luck!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Awesome! thank you for the tips I will have to buy them and try it it's worth a shot!
|
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....