Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Possible brain tumor

Since the middle of December I have been having strange problems with my head. It happened out of nowhere this strange warm sensation that slowly made its way from my ear to the entire right side of my head, Then it would spread to my left. As time went on the cycle would continue of a warm slightly wet sensation in the right and left side of my head. I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with having a concussion. But they didn't take any type of brain scan to determine if that was the case. As time went on the symptoms got stranger and more specific. On the right and left sides of my temples they would throb and hurt when I would get angry or eat unhealthy, my doctors said that I do have high blood pressure and to get on a better diet. But now it has gone from both sides of my head to in the last couple of days only the left side of my temple. It throbs and aches with a shooting pain. When I touch it to calm the throbbing it becomes numb to the touch. I don't have a sensitivity to bright lights or sounds, nor have I experienced any nause or vomitting. I worry it is early signs for a brain tumor. I have serve anxiety and I am not sure rather or not that is the cause of these headaches. If they are conric magrines or perhaps tension headaches because I do tend to get the pain in one particular area and it does tend to move around through out my head. I never get these symptoms or headaches in the morning, only mid day, evenings. And most of during the night. That is when the pain or temple throbbing tend to be most active. Although they can shoot up after I eat something high in salts, or overalls isn't healthy. The pain can also affect the way the left side of my eye feels and the pain will travel to my ear causing pain which feels like it is inside my ear. I'm not sure what it could be but worry for the worst. Could it be from my anxiety or should I worry about a tumor due to the fact most recently all my issues have now traveled and stayed to the left side of my head.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2018
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your detailed history, migraine/ cluster headache are the two possibilities. However, the vision should be checked and an eye exam including tonometery and fundus exam should be done. ENT exam would also be required as frontal sinusitis can be one of the causes of such a presentation.

If you are worried about a tumor, which in my view is unlikely with the symptoms that you described, then your doctor can refer you to a neurologist who can advise an MRI of the brain after doing a neurological exam.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.