Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Possibl IBS? Possible Crohns? Possible Ulcerative Colitis? what?

Hi

For the last few years I was getting really bad diorrhia and consitpation, abdominal bloating, abdominal pain over the lower abdominals and was told it was IBS but since then I have been admitted to hospital twice with suspected appendicitis both times to be told it wasnt appendicitis and they ran tests on me (ive not had a hydrogen breath test, colonoscopy or a few other tests yet)

Recently ive developed really bad nausea, burping with sick coming up into mouth and this constant feeling like im full and cant fit anymore food in me. I also get this really horrible pain that starts on my lower right (which is why they thought appendicitis) that then stretches along my back and front and goes up to the upper abdominals and feels like im being squeezed to death. The first time i felt pain so bad I called NHS24 and they sent a Dr over who referred me into the hospital but nothing was found. I was told by DR from hospital they are thinking it could be crohns, ulcerative colitis, really bad IBS or something else similar. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas??

I get a temperature rise with it and it wakes me up at night which both of those symptoms are not usuall associated with IBS. Also when I get the really bad pain that starts at the right sometimes I end up being sick as well and I seem to be getting everything thats going about, i have had 3 or 4 bouts of tonsilitis, 3 stomach bugs and about 4 colds in the last year.

It used to be cheesy-fatty foods that affected me worse but now it seems to be everything

ohh and im a 26 year old girl, ive got a 4 year old boy and im a bit over weight but dont smoke or do drugs and dont drink a lot only on occsionas maybe twice in a month!!

p.s.sorry about the scattered discription I am not very good at describing my symptoms which is probably why the hospital havent found out what is wrong yet!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2012
Ohh and i forgot that one time I had blood in my stool, it was bright red and definately not period blood as I didnt have a period that day.
|

replied March 14th, 2012
throwing up and pain eating
It sounds alot like a infrection I recieved from taking antiboitics for several different problems over a period of two years. Finally diognosed with a "staff" infection in my throut. I took two pills, one week apart and I have my ife back. Took 5 doctors to figure it out.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....