User Profile
i think i diagonosde myself with coscochondritis. Started 6 months ago when i breathed deep and felt a sharp pain that trsvled up my left rib to under my breast. NMy ribs are tender and it feels like it traveled to my right rib. Not the sharp pain but the tenderness and random pain that is throughhout my stomach and ribs. SHarp pain when i breath laugh bend down ect. Ive also felt like i have indigestion i think. In school every school class i have my tummy is growling not b.c im hungry thugh i have noo idea! it makes noise all of the time. I dont eeat great like i eat alot of butter fried food pizza? any vitiams missing?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
Fibromyalgia Answer A6421

According to the information you provided, it seems likely that you might be experiencing fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition in which chronic widespread muscle and connective tissue pain is present. Other symptoms might be present too: fatigue, joint stiffness, and sleep disturbances. More serious symptoms include: difficulty with swallowing, difficulty breathing, abnormal motor activity, and cognitive dysfunction.

There are many hypotheses about the cause for fibromyalgia, but none are clearly confirmed. If there are no severe symptoms, analgesics are usually all that is needed to prevent the pain.

As for the bowel gurgling, it might actually be increased bowel movement related to the fibromyalgia, but it can also be a separate condition. You might want to visit your family doctor to see if there are symptoms of inflammation of the stomach and if one is found, adequate treatment would be recommended.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fibromyalgia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.