painful knees on the inside of my knee caps where the bone is its tender , they burn sometims , after sitting and getting up they feel stiff and very painful , same with sometimes at night and in the morning after getting up out of bed . when i walk around for more than 20 mins in a store they start to be very painful and it hurts to walk . i also noticed sometimes when i get really cold my knees ,wrist and sometimes my elbow ache . but its mostly my wrists and knees . i do beleive my mother may have rheumatoid arthritis ,(bone and joint disease) dunno if both are connected meaning if the same . anyways i was wondering if anyone else has these symptoms and if so what causes it ? i know i should make a docts apt . but i just wanna know what i may be dealing with before i go .....

thank you ,ladybelle31
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 27th, 2009
another question : what causes a person to lose height? in the last 10 yr ive lost 1/2 inch in my height i was with shoes 5 f3 w/o 5 2 1/2 now im about 5f2 w/o shoes also been feeling pain and tenderness in my upper left abdominal regein feels like a bulge . is this all signs of possable RA ?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 2nd, 2009
How old are you? Age can cause you to lose some height. How active are you?

I would suggest seeing your dr to do some bloodwork.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 10th, 2009
i went to my doc and he didnt think it was anything to worry about , he said maybe its muscle pain , to just keep taking my naproxen when needed, he just bent my wrist , felt my belly and squeezed my knees. no blood work or anything . im 32 y/o maybe thats why he doesnt think its arthritis ! but i told him i have a family history my mom , grandmother and my grandfather all have /had some kind of arthritis bone and joint disease , and detearating of the cartlige . he just said dont worry about it .
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These features are suggestive of chronic fatigue syndrome. I would suggest you to consult internist to evaluate you for organic causes.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.