Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Positive for Chlamydia , PID

User Profile
I was positive for chlamydia back in February. I was treated and so was my partner. I had dull aching and pains in my lower back and front, the doctors checked my white blood count right after I finished medication and said that the count looked fine. I stopped taking my birth control a few weeks after this incident and STILL do not have a period back. I feel nauseous sometimes, dull pains in lower back and front still, bleeding after sex and still NO period! In the past 2 weeks I have felt like I have had a UTI because I constantly feel like I have to use the restroom (which I wake up now during the night at least 2 times to go). I was seen at the gynocologist and they said I didn\\\'t have a UTI. I was seen at a urologist and he prescribed me Detrol, but that medication is $250 with my insurance, so I did not get it yet. Is PID a possible answer for the having to urinate often too? I am just very worried and lost!! And no I am not pregnant! Thank you for your help!!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2010
Womens Conditions Answer A13647
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your symptoms suggest possibility of PID and of pregnancy.
Discuss with your gynecologist/healthcare provider about getting blood tests to confirm/rule out pregnancy and also a pelvic scan to look for changes suggesting PID. Do not start with any medication until you get the test results.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.