User Profile
I haven't felt right for about a month but haven't been able to put my finger on it.

The past week or so I have been getting worse. My symptoms are pain inside from under my breasts to my abdomen with bloating, I feel sick after eating, I keep getting dizzy, keep getting headaches, hot flashes, pain in my back and my feces is very smelly. I am 26 years old and female, I have porphyria cutanea tarda type 2 and the only medication I am on is cerazette contraceptive pill.I have done 3 pregnancy tests, all of which were negative. I have PCOS also.

I am at the doctors on monday but that's 4 days away and just wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be wrong with me. Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2008
General Q and A Answer A4891
Current medical status: Feel ill and have done for a month or so, full explaination in question section.
Current medical treatment: Cerazette contraceptive pill, one a day

According to the data you provided, you might be experiencing symptoms due to aggravated porphyria. Porphyria cutanea tarda is only a subtype of porphyry. Porphyry can also affect the liver causing the following symptoms: pain under right ribcage, dizziness, smelly feces.

The situation might worsen when PCOS coexists, due to the possibility of hormone imbalance. The Cerazette, a progestogen and estrogen-free contraceptive, might not be enough to suppress the excretion of estrogen from the polycystic ovaries. Estrogen is a well-known trigger of complications in porphyria.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.